Canusa Heat Shrink Sleeves
FT Pipeline Systems is the UK Licensee for the superb range of Canusa Heat shrink Joint Protection sleeves. They are heat activated / PE wraps for corrosion protection of all types of jointing methods. Canusa heat shrink sleeves are quick to install, as there is no need to prime or profile the pipe, making them extremely cost effective.
Canusa heat shrink sleeves and wraps are very versatile; they are suitable for use on steel, plastic and ductile iron pipe joints, and are delivered pre-cut to fit the diameter of the pipe, giving no wastage of materials.
Canusa sleeves provide excellent mechanical adhesion and corrosion protection, achieved by heat shrinking the thick two-layer ethylene co polymer sleeve, driving out air and moisture from the joint. Canusa sleeves are also easy to install, requiring no specialist labour or wrapping equipment.
For more information regarding Canusa sleeves, or just the protection of pipe joints in general, please don’t hesitate to get in touch for a technical consultation.
Impact Protection for Pipeline Coatings
Recently added to our suite of Canusa products is Wrapid Shield™ PE. This is an advanced extruded and blown polyethylene Rock Shield system engineered to provide high impact resistance and compressive strength when used as a protective layer over the top of anti-corrosion coatings. The material resists impact damage due to rocky backfill materials.
Please contact the office (01543 416024 / email@example.com) if you would like a copy of the most up-to-date datasheets for the following:
- K-40 – The Canusa K-40 wraparound sleeve is designed for corrosion protection of buried and exposed pipelines operating up to 40°C (104°F).
- K-60 – The Canusa K-60 wraparound sleeve is designed for corrosion protection of buried and exposed pipelines operating up to 60°C (140°F).
- KLON & KLNN – One piece wraparound sleeves designed for corrosion protection of both offshore and onshore steel pipelines.
- GTS PP – This 3LPP coating system remains the world’s leading joint coating for 3LPP coated pipelines. Its patented design uses Factory Grade™ polypropylene materials to deliver equivalent performance to, and fusion to, the factory-applied 3LPP coating with low installation temperatures and a proven and controlled application process.
- GTS PE – This 3LPE coating system is the world’s first heat recoverable coating system designed with Factory Grade™ 3LPE materials, delivering equivalent performance to the factory-applied 3LPE coating.
- PLA – The PLA is a heat shrinkable tubular sleeve designed for corrosion protection of buried and exposed steel pipelines.
- PMA (High Shrink Sleeves) – Canusa High Shrink Sleeves are superior performance heat shrinkable products designed for corrosion protection of flanges, casings, bell and spigot joints and other high profile couplings.
- DDX (formerly TBK) – The Directional Drilling Kit is a high performance system designed to protect welded joints on PP, PE and FBE coated pipelines in directional drilling applications.
- WrapidTape™ – Canusa WrapidTape consists of a crosslinked polyolefin backing, coated with a protective, heat sensitive anti-corrosion adhesive which effectively bonds to steel substrates and common pipeline coatings including polyethylene and fusion bonded epoxy.
View a case study on heat shrink sleeves for larger diameter pipe.