Pipe End Caps
Are Missing End Caps a Problem?
Missing or damaged pipe end caps is a common occurrence on site and can lead to a variety of problems. To assist customers with this issue, FT Pipeline Systems has developed its own, unique, end cap. Made from woven polypropylene with a separate rubber closure band, they are cost-effective, lightweight, easily portable and very durable. They are available for pipe sizes 80mm – 2000mm diameter.
Following the success of the basic end caps, we have expanded the range to include caps for flanged pipe which incorporate a drawstring closure method and are available for pipes from 65mm to 2000mm.
The FT range of closure caps are extremely easy to apply, and since they can be folded up, can be conveniently stored in a site vehicle. They can be re-used but once they come to the end of their useful life, can be widely recycled. Each cap comes printed with the pipe diameter to further simplify their use.
What are the advantages of pipe end caps?
- It is useful to close the ends of the pipe whilst they are being transported or stored prior to being laid in the ground as this prevents contamination of the pipe interior from environmental factors such as dirt, dust, water, snow, animals, etc.
- There are cost savings to be made since each end cap can be re-used multiple times.
- Easy and quick installation and removal by a single person as shown in the short video above.
- No tools required for cap installation and removal.
- Our range can also be used on flanged pipe.