Casing Spacers / Insulators
We offer two ranges of pipe casing spacers / insulators: a custom-made range and an off-the-shelf range. Both types are used to support and electrically insulate a pipeline from a casing pipe through which it must pass. Typical uses include river, canal and bridge crossings, as well as road and rail crossings.
Bespoke range of spacers
The spacers are virtually corrosion proof, require no special tools and are easy and efficient to install. They are available with polymer runners or rollers which facilitate a reduction in the size of equipment needed and time spent installing the pipe. This, in turn, leads to huge cost savings.
Bore Spacers are designed to support and cradle conduit for ease of installation, allowing optimal free flow of grout, thereby eliminating voids. Bore spacers also maintain accurate duct position and alignment that will result in a reduction of installation time, isolation, boosting efficiency and ensuring that the installation is performed correctly. Features include:
- Multiple conduit sizes and designs
- Accommodates any type conduit or casing pipe
- Conduit to conduit separation to customer specification
- HDPE or polypropylene wheels with steel axle
Off-the-shelf range of spacers
This system of HDX spacers is available in four runner heights: 38mm, 65mm, 90mm and 125mm, which can be combined to achieve your required height. Benefits of HDX include:
- Handles steel, DICL, HDPE, concrete and MSCL carrier pipes from 100mm to 1600mm OD and beyond.
- Deals with various annular clearances, both grouted and un-grouted, via multiple runner heights.
- Installs quickly and easily to support carrier pipe on low co-efficient of friction wear-pads that resist abrasion from casing/host pipe surface.
- Maximises spacer weight bearing capacity and reduces point loading via a unique load sharing runner system.
Our end seals are cheaper yet superior to the traditional, labour-intensive method of using bricks and mortar to seal casing ends. Whilst soil stress and pipe movement cause mortar to crack, our products move with the pipe, ensuring the integrity of the seal. Different types of end seals are available meaning any combination of pipe sizes can be accommodated. Made of thick, seamless neoprene rubber which ensures excellent chemical resilience, each end seal comes with two easy to use, stainless steel fixing bands.